четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

amplified speakerphone





Over this last weekend, I picked up the new platinum edition of Disneyapos;s Sleeping Beauty.� Its one of my favorite films by Disney, so I couldnapos;t resist buying it, especially since Iapos;m not sure I�even own it in VHS.� In any case, I had forgotten (since itapos;s been quite some time since Iapos;ve seen it) that Auroraapos;s name while in hiding was Briar Rose.� However, her three fairy godmothers all just called her Rose.

...

Considering how my brain tends to equate "Rose" with Doctor Who now, all that running around and calling for "Rose"�all over had me wishing I�could write Doctor Who fanfic since I�could see a DW fic with a Sleeping Beauty theme, perhaps post-Doomsday, being done.� I�know I read one recently that had a fairy tale theme to it (canapos;t recall the name at the moment), so I�know itapos;s workable.� Most writers with this idea run with the (obvious)�wolf theme.

Upon further consideration and pondering, I could also see this turned on its head.� In the movie, Prince Philip meets baby Aurora shortly after sheapos;s born only once and therefore doesnapos;t know who she is when he meets her at sixteen in the woods -- she doesnapos;t even know who she is� I could fathom something (more probably AU)�about Rose meeting the Doctor when heapos;s Nine once and then coming across him later when heapos;s Ten -- and neither knowing that he was the Doctor.� And her having to save him (or them having to save each other)�from some big bad.� Shades of Human Nature/Family of Blood perhaps?� Hmm...� Too bad I donapos;t�know any DW�fic writers I�could toss this at....


amplified speakerphone, amplified speaker systems, amplified speaker system, amplified speaker selector.



Комментариев нет: